With the deadline fast approaching for the Emerging School Business Leaders Scholarship, I would like to share some benefits the scholarship provides:
- Networking – building relationships with other business officials. One of if not the most valuable tool you will walk away from the annual meeting with, colleagues from around the world who you can lean on for best practices and help when trying to solve tough school business issues.
- Professional development – attending the workshops, seminars, discussion groups, deep dives, etc. allows you to bring back to your district a wealth of information. You can even earn CPE credits and SFO contact hours.
- General Sessions – inspiring keynote speakers on topics relevant to your position.
- Exhibit Hall – a chance to talk one-on-one with school business vendors about products and services.
- Evening events and entertainment – yet another chance to network with your peers and build your school business officials network.
- Last but not least, the annual meeting is in September in Florida…
As a previous scholarship winner, I can tell you that the five days out of the office for the annual meeting are the best five days I have experienced. From the workshops to the general sessions and even the evening events, I brought back to my district piles of information I have new friends (yes, friends) in many states and countries that I met while attending the annual meeting that I can contact about issues our district is facing. Large or small districts, we all face the same challenges.
Those are just a handful of reasons why you should apply for the Emerging School Business Leaders Scholarship. Don’t wait, apply today! Deadline is June 1st!