ASBO International is committed to providing a safe experience for attendees at the 2022 Leadership Forum in Savannah, Georgia. The association continues to monitor the recommendations of federal and local officials regarding safety guidelines and best practices for addressing risks presented by COVID-19. Guidance may change prior to the conference, based on current conditions and governmental regulation and guidance. All attendees are encouraged to visit this page regularly for the latest information. Attendees are also encouraged to check the local COVID status for Chatham County, Georgia.
Participants are also advised that health and safety requirements are subject to change during the conference. You will be notified of any changes via standard conference communication procedures as well as on-site posting of the new requirements.
Vaccine & Mask Mandate
All conference participants (including registrants, guests, presenters, exhibitors, and vendors) will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated in order to be admitted to the event. People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks (14 days) after an accepted single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
- 2 weeks (14 days) after a second dose of an accepted 2-dose series (e.g.,Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca)
- 2 weeks (14 days) after receiving 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*
Acceptable vaccines are those approved by the FDA (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Pfizer-BioNtech/Comirnaty, and Moderna), as well as vaccinations approved by WHO for emergency use (including AstraZeneca, Covishield BIBP/Sinopharm, and Sinovac), and accepted for entry into the United States by persons living abroad.
Masks will be required at Leadership Forum 2022. All conference participants must leave their masks on in public and indoor spaces and only remove them when actively eating or drinking.
Participants who refuse to follow health and safety protocols will be denied admission or removed from the event.
Reasonable Accommodation or Exemption
In order to allow enough time to review, exemption forms must be submitted no later than January 24, 2022. Exemption forms will not be accepted after the deadline or on-site.
Requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be reviewed on an individual basis. Exemptions may be granted only due to a qualifying disability or medical reason (including pregnancy), or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. A reasonable accommodation will be offered where doing so does not present an undue hardship on ASBO International or where the person is determined to present a direct threat to the individual, attendees, or others where accommodation measures do not reduce or eliminate the threat.
Participants seeking an exemption from the vaccination requirement due to a disability or qualifying medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, must submit a completed Request for Medical Exemption form or Request for Religious Exemption form to Covid@asbointl.org in order to begin the accommodation process as soon as possible.
ASBO International reserves the right to take any necessary and appropriate steps, including imposing alternative COVID-19 prevention measures such as requiring a negative molecular COVID-19 test (i.e., PCR) taken no later than 72 hours prior to arrival at the conference, to ensure that the individual does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others at the conference. Preventive measures are subject to change based on governmental recommendations and local conditions.
Registrants should also be aware that local emergency health measures may restrict admission to the event venue to vaccinated attendees only. All registrants are encouraged to review local restrictions before registering for the conference.
For purposes of this protocol, the term “disability” is intended, consistent with applicable state and federal law, to include a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities or a record (or past history) of such an impairment. A “medical condition” may include pregnancy, post-partum medical issues, breastfeeding, allergic reaction, or other medical condition that is a contra-indication to the COVID-19 vaccine which, on the advice of a medical professional, may necessitate deferral of vaccination. General concerns about the vaccination, side effects, general risks associated with the population at large, or other similar issues or concerns do not qualify for an exemption under this protocol.
Please direct any questions regarding these guidelines to Covid@asbointl.org.
ASBO International is contracted with CLEAR Health Pass to conduct vaccine verification for conference participants. Here are the steps to take:
- Download the free CLEAR app: Apple iOS or Android
- Scroll down to the “Digital Vaccine Card” section and select the “Add My Vaccination” button. New CLEAR members will be guided through enrollment steps and existing CLEAR members can use the email associated with their CLEAR membership
- Enter the email address (preferably the same as was used to register for the conference).
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone via text.
- Complete the 2-Step Enrollment: Scan your ID (US & Canada Photo ID Card or Passport) and take a photograph of your face.
- Agree to the CLEAR member terms.
- Create a Password.
- Scan your COVID-19 vaccination card and enter your vaccination info.
- A Completed check mark next to your Digital Vaccine Card means your information is uploaded and approved!
- ASBO International will send a code 10 days before the conference so you can create your Health Pass. Click on "Get Started" in the "Create your Health Pass" section within the app. Click on "Have a code?" and enter the code.
The association asks that attendees refrain from physical contact with other attendees — including hugs and handshakes — and that they respect social distancing requirements which may be in effect at the event venue.
Additional Safety Measures
The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, part of Marriott International's family of brands, has implemented a multi-pronged approach to meet the health and safety requirements of their "Commitment to Clean" standards. To learn more about what you can expect from your stay at the Westin, click here
What You Can Do To Stay Safe
We ask all attendees to do their part by taking personal responsibility and remaining vigilant about their own health, including:
- Properly wearing masks/face coverings in indoor places throughout the city (e.g., restaurants, bars, and other indoor attractions).
- Maintaining physical distancing in indoor spaces.
- Using hand-sanitizing stations.
- Washing their hands frequently.
- Self-monitoring for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath), and self-isolating and seeking medical attention in the event they exhibit any symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Through the registration process, all conference attendees, presenters, vendors, and guests will be required to complete an event acknowledgment via DocuSign before arrival/check-in, indicating that they have read and accepted the safety protocols and other terms outlined and will comply. Instructions on how to sign the Waiver will be provided in your registration confirmation.
Location Specific Info